December 7, 2012

Last Day


Tomorrow is my last day of student teaching. It blows my mind to be on this side of something that I've known is coming for several years now, that seemed so big and daunting when it was summertime and I was looking towards it (and it was big and daunting, I was right about that).

And while it is nice to have made it through and survived and to get to have a nice long Christmas break now, it's a little sad, too. Because I really love my kids, and seeing them everyday and walking the halls of my school and doing lunch duty and photocopying things and telling students to get out their books for SSR has been my normal for about four months now.

As I was thinking about this earlier, I came up with a few other things I am going to miss:

- Post-it notes stuck to my computer with lists of names of kids who owe me work

- Learning fun facts about hunting (did you know that a deer doesn't respond to sound, aka you could yell "Deer!" and it wouldn't run, but rather movement?). Also, how to wear your hat if you consider yourself country.


- Having the key to open stuck lockers, and saving the day for a student who is scared of being late to their next class
 

- Being asked if I'm married three times a week
 

- Hearing random statements like these (all verbatim, I write things like these down as soon as I hear them): "I'm horrible at whistling. I can call bats, though." "YOU're a hyperbole story." "Faith, you look like Rosa Parks." "Do you have a Mr. Black?" etc.

- Playing 'four corners' on Fridays when we have a little extra time

- The fact that 6th graders cannot keep secrets very well, meaning that I have been trying to remove myself from conversations all week where they start to let slip something about what they are planning for me tomorrow.

I can't wait to be surprised by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...