Quote Love: "God created the world out of nothing, and as long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us." - Martin Luther
It would certainly be a shame if you didn’t hike any mountains or climb to the top of any waterfalls, wouldn’t it? Thankfully, I got the chance to go exploring in the Rocky Mountain National Park this past weekend. Along with a six-mile hike, I also:
- Got to hang out with and get know a new group of people
- Squished with eleven other people in a mini-van to get to the trailhead
- Shared some fudge with a park ranger who was super nice to us
- Drank the river water (and didn’t get sick…yet)
- Saw some elk (…in the town, not out on the trail.) and
- Was amazed at how beautiful Colorado is -- and what a different kind of beauty it is than the kind I usually see.
Next adventure: camping. This weekend. With middle-schoolers.
[pictures courtesy of Emily Nichols]