November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving A La Bamba


La Bamba! (minus Madeline)
Last night, our house hosted a Thanksgiving feast for our friends. Our goal was to invite one or two friends each who our house doesn't usually hang out with, so we ended up with a pretty random, wonderful, large group. There were Indian costumes, people writing what they were thankful for on the wall, and a 23 pound turkey named Tank. (Not to mention four pumpkin pies, courtesy of yours truly. Accidentally.*) 

Also, I invited my friend Mati, who is the only other person from my high school in Ethiopia who goes to this university. Yesterday morning he messaged me to see if it was okay to bring a friend...who turned out to be one of my ten classmates from my high school graduating class, who was in town visiting him! Best surprise ever.

Take a look:

Where It All Began.

Please note the turkey carving instructions being read off the iPhone....


Feast!
And more feast...


Mati, me and Ariel. Bringing Addis Ababa to Cville
The Wall of Thankfulness
Happy Thanksgiving #1, y'all.

*I didn't realize that one can of pumpkin makes two pies...so I bought two cans of pumpkin and everything else for the pies. We now have 2 1/2 pies leftover.

[pictures courtesy of Margaret Montague's camera]

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that looks like the best Thanksgiving ever! I especially love the wall of thankfulness. Unfortunately, my Thursday will be spent frantically taking last terms exams and trying to finish my NaNo novel. Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...