October 26, 2011

Pinterest Inferiority Complex

Currently Reading: Emma, Jane Austen


Y'all, I just need to get something out there. You know Pinterest? And what a big deal it is? And how everybody is obsessed with it now? (Case in point: going on Pinterest was the first thing my roommate wanted to do after getting engaged. I mean, after telling everybody and stuff. And finishing her paper. So it was the third thing, but still, high priority.) (P.S. Love you, Britt.)

Well, I've known about it for months and months and months. I mean, if Pinterest was an underground, obscure band, I'd be the ultimate hipster. And I say this with as much modesty as I can muster.

But I also have a confession to make. Although I've known about and been looking at Pinterest for months and months and months, I haven't joined it. I just look. (Which, when I put it like that, I realize sounds kind of creepy.) The thing is, the joining part has always kind of intimidated me. I think it's because I'm worried that I won't be able to come up with witty board names, or stay on top of all the stylish/crafty/cool/artsy things that go down there. Quite frankly, I am just not that Pinteresting on a day-to-day basis.

So, just curious, is anyone with me on this? Does anyone else suffer from Pinterest Inferiority Complex?*




* Or, let's be real, a tendency towards insecurity and comparison? Because I think those are my bigger problems here, just coming out in website-intimidation-form. Hello again, human nature.  

[images via Pinterest, duh]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...