July 30, 2011

I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow...

At the end of the Downtown Mall in C'ville is an outdoor pavilion where concerts are held. The good thing about this is that, even if you don't have a ticket to the show, you can still stand pretty close and, although you might not be able to see anything you can definitely hear it. Alison Krauss was playing a benefit concert tonight, so some friends met up with me after I got off work at the other end of the Downtown Mall at nine, and we caught the tail end. Including this song:*


I love me some bluegrass and some fiddlin' and now I just want to go watch O Brother Where Art Thou.

Other highlights of the day include an iced Nutella latte and fro-yo with strawberries (aka dinner) and that The Help was finally returned to the library so I finally get to read it! Other than that it was just car inspections and work and humidity. You know, the usual.

Looking forward to a day off and a visit from the roommate tomorrow!

*I just looked up the lyrics...who knew it was THAT DEPRESSING? Not me, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...