April 5, 2011

Disclaimer

Quote Love: "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." - CS Lewis
Currently Reading: Coriolanus, by Shakespeare. If you ever thought reading Shakespeare was hard, try reading one of his plays that no one's even ever heard of...

Y'all, I don't know if this is the case for you, but April is a month that is busy and just builds and builds into even more busyness. I think it's because, in college, this is all we've got (the first two weeks in May are our finals weeks, and then...summer!) and as people start to realized this, they're like "OH NO we need to do that thing we were going to do before the end of the year!" ...But when everybody realizes this, then there are a lot of things that are happening. Combine this with the end of semester culmination of projects/paper proposals/actual papers/tests/everythingintheworld, it's a lot. AND, on top of that, it's finally spring and beautiful (well, we're still getting there. But I have high hopes for this week) so really all you want to do is laze around in the grass with a book open in front of you for show but really just talking to your friend and possibly drinking an iced coffee. (Correction: Definitely drinking an iced coffe.)

And for me, piled onto this already-occurring phenomenon, I just started a job last weekend -- hours which I am now cramming into the leisurely time I previously had to do all my work. I mean, it will all get done -- it always does -- but it's going to take a little more concentration and intentionality and unfortunate things like that.

All that to say, I will try not to neglect you all, but on some days, it might happen.

But not to worry, come May and you all will have my undivided attention!

In the mean time, here are some pretty pictures that caught my eye on Pinterest today. There's really no rhyme or reason to them -- just that they are lovely(/delicious?) and I think we need some of that up in hurr. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...