March 10, 2011

Starbizzle

Currently Watching: Bones season 3*
Completely Appropriate Quote: "The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." - from You've Got Mail

How do you all feel about the new Starbucks logo?


I don't think I like it. Too minimalist. I like a little classicness and old-timey character. (however, I do like the more recent one over the 1987 one...so does this mean I just don't like change? Or that the more recent one is really classier?) Also, I think it's interesting that they are taking the name out and relying just on the picture now (Hello, logo recognition**).

On a brighter note, the Starbucks on Hilton Head is about the coolest thing around. It used to be a bank, and they kept the old vault and have it open with tables in it. So snazzy.

* the grandparents have all sorts of spiffy new technology - even since the last time I was here - which lets me watch Netflix both upstairs (on Apple TV) and downstairs (on the Wii). Um, blowing my mind right now, PJ & MK.
** I just googled that. I was going to call that 'brand recognition' but I guess that's not right. What can I say? I study literature, not marketing...

[image via here]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...