March 4, 2011

Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break!!

Currently Listening To: Parachute by Ingrid Michaelson, coming from Abby's room... 
Quote Love“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

[spring break on Hilton Head last year...Britt and Kathleen, I wish y'all were coming back, too!]
I spent today randomly accompanying my friend Brecklyn to Harrisonburg because she had to switch out cars with her dad, and it was great because I got to go to Chili's with Breck, her dad and her grandma. I'm all for hanging out with friends' families, especially their grandmas.

And speaking of, I'm rolling out in the morning and bringing two of my friends to meet MY grandma! ...and grandpa. (Or PJ & MK, as we tend to refer to them. Which stands for Papa Joe and Mama Kaye, of course.) I'm looking forward to roadtripping all day to the soundtrack of my iPod Lorenzo, driving on out of Virginia and North Carolina and into the marshes and palm trees of the Lowcountry until we finally reach Hilton Head. I'm looking forward to being able to walk barefoot on the beach, eat blackened shrimp po'boys at Kenny B's, read read read, twirl in the hammock chair, ride bikes through Port Royal plantation, watch trashy TV, go to the J. Crew factory store, and have long, classy dinners of grilled tuna steaks and chocolate pie (maybe out on the porch?). And have Hope and Allie (and eventually my sister) there to enjoy it all with!

Mmmkay. We're about to head to Krogs to buy some ice cream so that we can use up the rest of the milk in the fridge in some milkshakes (ingenious, huh?). But I am going to leave you with this Avett Brothers song, simply because it is flipping awesome (the lyrics, the animation in this video, the music, all of it):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...