February 28, 2011

Whiffenpoofles

Quote Love: "I need wonder. And wonder is that feeling we get when we let go of our silly answers, our mapped out rules that we want God to follow. I don't think there's any better worship than wonder." - Don Miller
Spring Break Countdown: FOUR DAYS!


We saw these guys in real life on Friday. To be honest, I only knew of them in the first place because of Gilmore Girls (thank you, Rory, for educating me on all things Yale. And college, actually. I re-watched season 4 as I was coming in to college and it was super helpful.) But they were good (well, obviously, they go on world tours and are on TV shows and stuff)...and surprisingly funny as well. Por ejemplo, when they were introducing themselves: "I'm double majoring in Romance and Robotics, and when I grow up I'm going to be a Love Machine."

And then Monique accidentally called them the Whiffenpoofles, which was hilarious.

The concert also included some of our own acapella groups, the Virginia Gentlemen and the Virginia Belles, and in my humble opinion, those VGs are just as good as the Whiffs. 

Oh, acapella groups. So UVA right now. And, apparently, so Yale for the past 100 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...