February 16, 2011

Owl City + Tay Swift?

Yes. Please.


From Adam Young (aka Owl City)'s blog:


...As track 8 came to a close and the album switched over to track 9 (a breathtaking song called Enchanted and one of my favorites on the entire record), something began to feel curiously “familiar.”

I couldn’t put my finger on it. Why did the song feel so personal? Why was it ringing a bell? Perhaps it was merely the word“wonderstruck” that indeed struck a sweet chord, but before the second chorus hit, I’d already added up the letters:

A-D-A

And then it hit me like a freight train. I didn’t even need to find that last letter “M.” A colorful swirl of memories flashed before my eyes as it all added up. My jaw hit the floor.
The track is absolutely gorgeous and I’m so tremendously honored that Taylor would write such an elegant song and thereby offer a gracious nod in my direction. Needless to say, I was lost for words and utterly smitten. I couldn’t stop smiling.

I figured such an eloquent gesture should be reciprocated by the most polite, heartfelt and respectful response I could possibly muster. It’s no secret that I’m a bit shy, so naturally music was the most articulate way of attempting such a sincere endeavor. How does one respond to such a personal outpouring of emotion and sentiment? I tossed and turned over that one.

They say “timing is everything” and that brings us to now. Today is Valentine’s Day.
And thus, here is my reply…


I don't know about you, but I certainly find this enchanting. Thanks to Abby Kirkham for finding this and emailing it to our house! 


(You can check it out in its original glory here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...