January 8, 2011

Life

Currently Reading: The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Quote Love: "I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." - Van Gogh


Since yesterday,

a) William, my sister’s fiancĂ©, missed his flight back to the States last night because we all assumed he was leaving tonight*

b) my father was baptized into Orthodoxy**

c) we ate crocodile, camel and ostrich for dinner

d) I watched 9 episodes of Bones

or e) All of the above.

Conclusion: life is insanity.

p.s. a family friend visiting from Ethiopia reminded me of this song tonight. 1:57 is where it starts getting super appropriate to my life.
We had Christmas down in Africa :]

*They were up all night finding new flight for this morning. He should be in the middle of his 16 hour layover at Heathrow right now…poor guy.

**Here’s one post (of many discussing Orthodoxy) from my dad’s blog. Also, what my dad just said to our friend about leaving for church tomorrow: "It's nice to get there a bit early because you can venerate the gospels." I’m so glad we’re related.


[image via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...